iRealty believes in simplicity, rather than making things more difficult than they need to be. But iRealty’s definition of simplicity does not mean compromising the law, ethics, morality, professionalism, loyalty, and it does not allow ambiguous contract language, which is a major problem in the profession.
iRealty also believes that our relationship with you, our listing client, must be very clear in the beginning so there are no misunderstandings. You won’t find Chuck Marunde sugar coating anything in order to get your business, and he won’t be anything less than absolutely honest about your home’s FMV. This is true also in regard to all your conversations about negotiating, addendums, challenges that may come with with the buyer, title issues, questions the buyer may have about the CC&Rs, easements, right of ways. Chuck knows how to deal with all these issues since he was an attorney for 20 years.
As Chuck has written, “I learned that one of the keys to drafting good contracts or counteroffers or addendums with special conditions is always to be crystal clear, use unambiguous language, and draft written language in the least number of words. That’s much harder than most real estate brokers realize. I believe it was Mark Twain who wrote:
“I would have written a shorter letter, but I didn’t have time.”
All of this to say that the listing contract you sign with iRealty will be based on honesty and a clear understanding of what each of our rights and responsibilities will be during the term of the listing contract. That includes an agreement on what the listing process is. Here is the flat fee listing process with iRealty and Chuck Marunde.
- As a home seller, you’ll complete the online application. Before or after, you and I will talk on the phone to make sure you understand all that iRealty will do and what you will be responsible to do during the lising term.
- Once you’ve been approved, you’ll get some paperwork from Chuck to complete, including a form that is attached to the listing contract, which is the listing information form you will complete on your home.
- You’ll get several other forms with instructions on how to complete them.
- You’ll also be responsible for taking photos of your home, or hiring a photographer to do that, which you can typically do for a few hundred dollars. This is one of the reasons you’ll save thousands in commissions, since I don’t have to take the photos. I am an expert on how those photos should be taken since I have been a professional photographer, so I can advise you and share the specifications of the photos we need for the NWMLS with any photographer you hire. There are lots of photographers looking for work, so you won’t have any trouble Googling one and finding one.
- If you want a video tour of your home, or you want a drone video for a home that has a stunning water view, you can also hire someone to take those, and like the photographs, Chuck will input those into the NWMLS with your listing.
- We also have to have a legal description and a plat of your property, which we can usually get from the title company.
- The NWMLS requires all listings to be inputted within 24 hours of the date of the contract, so we need to have the listing contract, the information data sheet, the photos, the legal description, and the plat all ready to input within 24 hours of the date of your contract, or we can give ourselves enough time to accomplish all of that by stating a date in the contract on which the listing will be inputted. For example, you and I may decide we need a week to get all that done.
- Once I have everything I need, I input it all into the NWMLS.
- When your listing has gone live in the NWMLS, I’ll email you a link to the public view of the listing and ask you to review all the details to make sure we have entered everything correctly.
- Your listing will be syndicated on many other sites, but the data feeds on all of those sites can take a period of days to get uploaded to those sites. All of that is done with software that operates in automatic mode.
- I’ll guide you at every step of the way, including how to respond to buyers who want to see your home, what to do if the want to make an offer, what to do if a buyer’s broker wants to show your home, and every detail all the way through to closing.
- If your buyer is not represented by another broker, I’ll draft the offer and all the addendums for you and your buyer. Understand this is way above what is offered by other flat fee services and discount FSBO packages. I have the knowledge, experience, and professionalism to bring more to the table for you than the vast majority of brokers around the country. I wouldn’t believe in this business model and it’s benefits to you if I didn’t bring more to the table than most brokers.
- You don’t have to worry or be stressed out during this entire listing period, and all the way to closing, because I’ll be right here for you.
There’s much more to this service, but this explanation of the listing process should give you some confidence in what it will be like working with Chuck Marunde.